Welcome to this month’s instalment of The Creative Life interview series!
Each month shines a spotlight on how business owners incorporate their creativity across all aspects of their life, and gives some ‘behind the scenes’ insight into how they started and plan for their business.
This month I’d like to introduce you to Alli Price of Motivating Mum.
Alli Price runs Motivating Mum and is passionate about helping mums in business, or those starting out, achieve their business dreams. She offers inspiration and education through monthly Biz Mums Clubs, mentoring and affordable business services. Alli also runs an annual Awards and Conference and a charity event, Mummy Mentoring Festival.
Alli Price of Motivating Mum with her girls. Image: Kyra Ann Photography
It was so inspiring to speak to Alli about how much she loves her business and how creativity is such a fundamental part of running her business. She has a such a grounded down-to-earth attitude to it all, yet still manages to bring a sense of play and fun to everything she touches.
This interview is like having your own private biz mentoring session with Alli. So keep on reading to learn about:
- How it’s always easier to find the time to do things that you are most passionate about
- Finding a balance between work, kids and running the house
- Working out what your customers want to make money
- What to do when your ideas don’t work or when you get stuck
- The big mistake that Alli sees people making in their business and the part that fear can play in it
- And what Alli really thinks about mistakes.
So sit back and enjoy… Continue readingPin It
Welcome to another instalment of The Creative Life interview series!
Each month shines a spotlight on how business owners incorporate their creativity across all aspects of their life, and give some ‘behind the scenes’ insight into how they started and plan for their business.
This month I’d like to introduce you to The Creative Life of Jacinta Cubis of Qbis: engagement & partnership specialists.
Jacinta Cubis connects people and facilitates partnerships for social impact. When not facilitating a workshop or drawing out the story of a partnership, she’ll be on her yoga mat, in her art studio or on the tango dance floor.
Jacinta Cubis facilitating a conversation with her favourite tools – open ears, a smile, coloured pens and a canvas. Image credit: sophie read, concrete cloud photography
I really enjoyed talking to Jacinta. She is truly a Renaissance woman! She has so many creative interests in addition to her partnership brokering business. I love the enthusiasm that she brings to everything that she does.
In this interview you’ll learn about:
- Having a creative outlet helps with problem solving
- The importance of being yourself to connect with and get new clients
- Using creativity to become more grounded and escape anxiety and being in one’s headspace
- Breaking patterns to get out of a rut and working out what to do next
- Ideas for scheduling your diary to make time for creativity
- Making sure you have a call to action in your marketing and communications.
So read on to learn more about Jacinta and her Creative Life… Continue reading
People often ask me for the secret to being more creative, whether it’s for their life or in business. Unfortunately, there’s no one magic formula for creativity that’s going to work for everyone. However, there is a key we can use to filter out which creativity techniques are going to bring us each success.
So the 30 day mandala Play Adventure has come to an end. It has been challenging but it was definitely worth it. It’s been so rewarding, and I had so much fun! And I think that keeping a playful mindset was definitely a contributing factor.